A better way to control digital cameras
Cam is an app that can remotely control your camera.
Why another camera controller app?
In my years of using a DSLR, I've noticed two common problems with 3rd-party controller apps:
- Not enough features, not enough customization
- The software is buggy, broken, and slow.
How do you fix these problems?
Cam isn't just a glorified remote shutter app. You have total freedom to do anything.
Want an astrophotography mode? Cam has it. Want
a timelapse mode? Cam has it. No, these aren't baked-in features - you can customize nearly every aspect of a mode,
even if you don't know how to code. And if you do, you can create your own modes from scratch.
The code behind Cam also has a complete regression testing system based on a virtual camera,
which also helps with rapid prototyping.
- Support for Canon EOS cameras
- Liveview with zoom
- Profiles - preconfigured settings & parameters for each camera / workflow
- Rich scripting API - add buttons and scripts to the app to do whatever you want
- Get & Set ISO, aperture, shutter speed, white balance
- Take pictures and BULB shots
- Preview and download captured images
- Manually and precisely focus lens
- File manager and photo gallery
- Magic Lantern & CHDK integration
- Capture and preview photos
- Use Android device as external microphone
- GPS & clock sync
- Customizable Zebras/histogram overlays
- Support for Sony cameras
Camera as a Service (CaaS)
Remotely control a camera from anywhere in the world with a rich API over the web.
Available for astronomy and long-term timelapse.
Download custom liveview v1 for Magic Lantern
Camit is a free and open-source intervalometer app. The app is complete, with the same modding interface
that comes with Cam. Available on Windows, Linux, Mac, and Android!
Copyright (C) 2022-2023 Cam by Clutchlink Technologies
'Cam' is not affiliated with Canon